Thursday, January 15, 2009

Welcome to the World

Welcome to the World Gabriel!


My good friend (and college roommate) Gwendolyn and her husband Jay had their baby on Monday. Congratulations to both of them on becoming parents! If you'd like to see photos, please follow this link to their blog. He's so tiny...hard to believe all of us start out that small.

I am still in disbelief sometimes that people I know are parents and have little people who are completely dependent on them. I am not sure if I could do it. For now, I'll stick with taking care of my four-legged 'kid', who barely listens to me but is fun to play with and a great companion to both of us.

Congratulations again and I can't wait to meet the little guy.


5 comments:

  1. My four-legged kid, well one of them, still doesn't listen to me either.

    The human one is actually in some ways easier than the furry ones.

    Every time I hear about someone from our class getting pregnant, my first thought is, "OMG, what did your Mom say?" As if we're still 16.

    I'd just say, when you think you're ready, wait another year. But when you do, it's totally worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't mind the care and dependency thing. Afterall, Apollo can sometimes be very needy. I'm just still too selfish to have kids. I like that when I want to do something I can leave the dog at home and go enjoy my life. I still like putting myself first and am not quite ready to have to put a child first and have them dictate my life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never thought I wanted kids, period. Funny, though, how attached I've become to mine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know! Sometimes I feel like time is passing me by. And what will a child that is half of me look like? Or the weight of her feel in my arms?

    But oh la, I am far from such a milestone, even though my mother had me at 31, which was pretty old back then!

    I mean, I still do a doubletake when anyone calls me "miss" or "ma'am" as though I think I am still a girl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey our friend is a MOM! Should we get her some soccor mom outfits for this weekend?

    ReplyDelete