Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year

Happy New Year! Time flies, I couldn't believe it was Christmastime and now it is 2009! We had a great New Year's Eve. Kevin and I hosted a party at our house. We've done a lot to improve the house over the last year and have a nice set-up for parties, so wanted to take advantage of it. We had good food, and a lot of it since everyone brought something. The food included: Texas chili, shrimp gumbo, cheese fondue with dippers, fruit and veggie trays, and brownies for dessert. We had quite a feast, and though the food was really different, it went really well together. We also had spirits for all tastes - alcohol with mixers, wine, and champagne at midnight.

It really is true that the heart of the house is the kitchen, everyone was in the kitchen for much of the night, that's where the food is and so even though we had chairs set up elsewhere everyone stayed in the kitchen to chat and eat. I had a great time getting to visit with everyone and since it was a smaller group I really did get to visit with everyone. We are all so busy that it is a treat to get to spend an evening together.

After everyone had eaten, we spent the rest of the night playing Rock Band. It is a fun game to play, especially with a big group and I think its even funnier for those watching when you don't know the songs, Kevin is hilarious when he ad-libs and does 'shout-outs'. None of us missed our calling as rock gods, but it is so much fun to play. I love to do the singing, and usually do it badly. In my house is the closest I'll get to karaoke.

Everyone had a good time, everyone but Smokey. Our dog is spoiled, and doesn't like it when his routine is upset (no animals do) and is very vocal to let us know it - he also doesn't like the loud sounds of the game, so he had a stressful night with so many people in his house and being up later than usual...but we'll get him back into his routine and he'll love 2009.

We had a wonderful 2008 and I hope that 2009 is as good to us and that it is a better year for our nation. I do not know what all that this year will bring, but already know we'll have at least two babies to welcome into the world! We can't wait to meet Baby Johnson and will have a new niece or nephew in the summer. Happy New Year to everyone and I wish you health and happiness this year.

2 comments:

  1. Wishing you a happy and blessed 2009. Since you say 2008 was so great, you will have to find a way to top it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had an awesome time, woo hoo HOUSTON!!!! My cousin Robert had a great time he decided he wants Rock Band NOW! hahaha.

    ReplyDelete