Friday, December 26, 2008

Unique Christmas

For the first time ever, my hubby and I went to the movies on Christmas day. We were originally going to be with my family on Christmas day, but since it fell on a Thursday and my brother and sister both had to work today we decided to celebrate this weekend instead. So, we were not sure what to do on Christmas day and decided to take the opportunity to see some movies we've been wanting to see. We went to the first showing of the day of The Curious Case of Benjamin Button and made it a double feature by staying to see Doubt. Between the two movies we ate at the restaurant at the theater and even had time to get an ice cream at marble slab, also in the theater. I'm glad that restaurant was open, that's the only way we could have made it a double feature without having a dinner of popcorn, nachos or other movie theater food. I thought that no restaurants were open on Christmas day, but hadn't considered a restaurant AT the movies.

I know that for many families going to the movies on Christmas is a tradition (the theater was so busy by the time we left it seems like everyone goes), but it never has been in my family, so it made for a very unique Christmas for me. Tonight I'll head down to my parents' house and Kevin will come for the day tomorrow to celebrate with my family.

3 comments:

  1. I remember going to a movie one Christmas...but I'm pretty sure it was just a ploy by the adults in the family to get all the kids out of the house :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What, they worked on Christmas Day? Who does that?

    Actually, my ex, who works for DoD, has no real days off.

    But still...! I struggle with this despite understanding that the world does not grind to a halt.

    How were the movies?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where is this fabled movie theater with restaurant AND Marble Slab? I have been to the Alamo, but I need to know about this one with Marble Slab.

    ReplyDelete