
Here is a picture of our gorgeous new tree. Its 7'6" tall, so we had to use some creativity to make our tree-topper fit and not be up against the ceiling. We finished Christmas shopping yesterday, and I finished the wrapping too....so this picture has our nicely wrapped gifts under it - I waited to take the photo until I had some gifts under the tree. I like to wrap gifts, but am not particularly good at it, and rarely do I try to put bows or other decorations on them, getting them wrapped in paper and labeled with who they are to is my major goal. We turn on the lights each evening and it really adds to the holiday season to get to see that every day. We also have lights up the banister of our stairs and across the railing on the second floor and put up our old tree upstairs, so you can see it out the window.
I'm ready for the Christmas holidays and ready for the break from work. I only have 7 more days to work this year. A perk I hadn't thought about when I chose to work in higher education is that they close for the holidays.
I love listening to Christmas music and finally started using Pandora again to listen to it at work, I get a lot more variety than I will with bringing what few Christmas CDs I have.
The whole 1 1/2 - 2 weeks off at Christmas thing is probably one of the greatest things about working in higher ed.
ReplyDeleteYour tree looks great!!
ReplyDeleteYour tree looks great!!
ReplyDeleteYour tree looks great!!
ReplyDeleteUmmm.... woops! I'm not sure why this posted three times. Oh well; your tree deserves that much praise!!
ReplyDeleteYou folks in education are totally lucky to get all that time off.
ReplyDeleteWhat a pretty tree. Ours has been up for a while now but I haven't taken any pictures yet. I need to do that soon. It'll probably be without presents under the tree though becuase we're afraid that Apollo will get into them. We let him tear up coke boxes and stuff like that and think he'll probably think presents are the same thing. Plus he like sitting under the tree.
ReplyDeleteI'm jealous of all your time off work though. UTD will shut down for two weeks, but that doesn't mean that I get to stop working. =( I'll be analyzing data all through Christmas break.