Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Snow in Houston?

Its been colder this week - once again a chance for me to pull out my favorite coat that I bought to wear in Kansas City last winter- and today I've heard several different reports that it is snowing in Houston. I doubt it'll accumulate, but really weird to hear about snow in Houston, Texas! It reminds me of Christmas 2004, when we DID get snow, I was at my parents' house and we had several inches of snow, a first for all of us. Photos of that year are here.

I like the colder weather, but do NOT like hearing on the radio that there might be sleet, people in this town can't drive in rain...so if there is sleet? oh, it'll be bad (not to say I know how to drive well in sleet).

Kevin just called, he's driving on 59 and its snowing there, so its even snowing on the south side of town!

This kind of weather makes me want to curl up and stay inside. I plan to wrap Christmas gifts tonight, so its the right kind of weather to listen to some Christmas music (Walkin in a Winter Wonderland comes to mind), drink some hot chocolate, and wrap gifts. Definitely more like the season then wearing shortsleeves on Thanksgiving, which we do quite often!

If the snow does accumulate, I have to see our dog's reaction to it, it'll be quite different from this. Our goofy dog doesn't even like water.

No comments:

Post a Comment