Saturday, January 3, 2009

Resolution - cooking

One of my resolutions this year is to improve my cooking and add more variety to what I can cook. I have a few dishes that I make pretty well, but I hope to expand what I can cook and be more confident in my cooking abilities. I plan to take a class or two at Central Market, but know that most of it will be trial and error on my own, with my sweet husband as my guinea pig. I'm also recommitting myself to being healthier - both by working out regularly and being consistent with logging what I eat in Weight Watchers - so I'd like to find healthy recipes. They are separate but connected goals.

We already plan out our meals a week at a time, and I think the most attainable goal is to try one new dish per week. So, what are some of your favorite dishes to make? I hope to post my success stories as I work on this.

5 comments:

  1. That is a good resolution...I think if I were in Houston I would love to take some classes at Central Market. I've heard they are really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can take classes at Central Market? That is so cool. My friend in Dallas was telling me yesterday that she wants to take cooking classes, so maybe I'll suggest that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, you have to define healthy...because healthy low-fat and healthy Atkins or Core weight watchers is different. We lean toward Atkins - simply because sugar makes my body crazy.

    I have always wanted to take classes at Central Market, but I can't get Clint to agree to it, one recipe in a class that he won't eat and he turns his nose up at the whole idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Olivia, here is a link to the central market cooking school: http://www.centralmarket.com/Cooking-School.aspx and there is one in Dallas.

    Kristine, good question as to what I mean by healthy: low-fat, fresh ingredients is what I mean by healthy. Kevin has tried low-carb so thats possible too but I think I love my carbs too much and just have to find healthier and smaller portions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, yes, it's in Plano which is where she lives. I hope she goes.

    ReplyDelete