I can honestly say this is the FIRST time I've ever driven home from work in snow! When I left work it was a few flakes on my windshield and then as I got closer to home it was getting more constant and thicker, I could see it in the light of the headlights and then eventually against the dark sky I could see it really well, and it was really coming down!! I actually had the thought that it was easier to drive in than rain, but I am sure that its because its really a light snow, and don't ever wish to have to drive in a snow storm. When I got home, Kevin was outside looking at it, in disbelief I think. We just aren't use to seeing it here. Its quite a novelty for us, and something that'll make this Christmas that much more special. Here are photos that we took of our house and yard. We're enjoying our winter wonderland.
Our nephew is enjoying his first snow. He made a snow angel in the snow near his house. People all over town are enjoying it and its the TOP news story...
Our nephew is enjoying his first snow. He made a snow angel in the snow near his house. People all over town are enjoying it and its the TOP news story...
We didn't get any accumulation. But Landon was in no mood to be outside playing in it either, so I suppose it's ok.
ReplyDeleteMust say I'm pretty jealous. We got about 30 seconds of sleet on Tuesday night and nothing after that except cold and wind. I do think it's funny that we didn't really get any snow up here in Dallas but it snowed further south in Houston.
ReplyDeleteAnd that day it was 65 and rainy in NYC.
ReplyDeleteToday it's in the 40s, still raining with no end in sight.
But let me tell you, despite living in a colder part of the country, every year Northeasterners forget how to drive in rain and snow.