Kevin and I went to the Weezer concert Thursday night (my birthday gift from Kevin). It was a great concert, they played many of my favorites and made Kevin's night by covering a Pink Floyd song. Some of the songs came out when I was in high school, so I've been listening to them for over 10 years, hard to believe. Though the mix of the crowd shows it - it was a mix of all ages. On one side of us was high school kids, and on the other side two parents and their teenage boys, and a similar mix all around us. The 'hootinanee' was good - they had local musicians of all sorts (flute, guitar, saxophone, trombone, trumpet, etc) come on stage to play two songs with the band.
We both love live music and it had been a while since we've seen any, which made it especially fun to see a good live show. We mostly go to see cover bands at bars or small concerts, but most all kinds of live music are fun. We were in the seating section, neither of us wanted to get tickets for the floor, where you stand the whole time. I've had tickets in that area for other shows, but prefer being able to sit when I want to and being far from the moshers/crowd surfers.
I took the day off on Friday so that I could sleep in after the concert and also get stuff done around the house since we'll be busy most of the weekend with birthday celebrations. Kevin is still working from home since his offices were damaged by Hurricane Ike so we were able to spend much of the day together and got a lot accomplished. We took his truck in to get a grill guard put on it (looks good!), got my oil changed, went grocery shopping, went to the bank, and cleaned up the house a little bit.
We also took the opportunity to early vote, so our votes are in for the Presidential election. We voted at a Fiesta grocery store, and the line snaked from the back to the front of the store, through all of the international foods. We had a lot of interesting food to look at while we waited, and took the time to make our shopping list! In total it took about 25 minutes to wait in line and vote, not too bad. I'll take this opportunity to remind everyone out there to go vote!!
We both love live music and it had been a while since we've seen any, which made it especially fun to see a good live show. We mostly go to see cover bands at bars or small concerts, but most all kinds of live music are fun. We were in the seating section, neither of us wanted to get tickets for the floor, where you stand the whole time. I've had tickets in that area for other shows, but prefer being able to sit when I want to and being far from the moshers/crowd surfers.
I took the day off on Friday so that I could sleep in after the concert and also get stuff done around the house since we'll be busy most of the weekend with birthday celebrations. Kevin is still working from home since his offices were damaged by Hurricane Ike so we were able to spend much of the day together and got a lot accomplished. We took his truck in to get a grill guard put on it (looks good!), got my oil changed, went grocery shopping, went to the bank, and cleaned up the house a little bit.
We also took the opportunity to early vote, so our votes are in for the Presidential election. We voted at a Fiesta grocery store, and the line snaked from the back to the front of the store, through all of the international foods. We had a lot of interesting food to look at while we waited, and took the time to make our shopping list! In total it took about 25 minutes to wait in line and vote, not too bad. I'll take this opportunity to remind everyone out there to go vote!!
No comments:
Post a Comment