Sunday, October 5, 2008

Debris Pile

I had never thought much about where all of the trees and branches that are torn down by a hurricane end up after they are gathered up, put at the curb and picked up by the city/county. But, I now know where some of Hurricane Ike's debris is going. On my way into town from home on highway 288, I pass by this open area that is now a huge debris pile. Look at how tall the piles are compared to the truck and other equipment around it! It makes the vehicles look like toys. I'll have to keep an eye on how big this pile gets. I wonder how many piles there are like this in the area.

The photo quality is not very good, but its the best I could do - I pointed my camera towards my passenger window and hit the button to take the photo several times in quick succession. I will give up a lot of photo quality to give more attention to driving :) A better idea would've been to take the photos when Kevin was driving, but I didn't have the camera with me then...

2 comments:

  1. We have a giant field o debris on Hwy 6. And what looks like some kind of camp for the people who are watching it. I just hope when they burn it - and they will - that my allergies don't rise up and take over my entire body.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually had the thought that I'll probably drive by it one day and it'll be a giant bonfire, ugh...it will not be fun and lets hope the wind is shifted so I don't get to smell it and sneeze and hack the whole time it burns...

    ReplyDelete