We had a great anniversary. After sushi at Miyako, we wanted to get a drink so we tried to go to Absinthe, but its closed on Monday. So then we tried to check out Salud, a nearby wine bar, but it is also closed on Monday. Why are so many places closed on Monday? I know they have to give their employees time off, but Monday seems like a prime time for people to want to go out, since they just started a new work week. Kevin jokingly said we picked a bad day to have an anniversary. Since we were 0 for 2 we decided to just go to Cecil’s, we knew it would be open. It was open, so we had a round of drinks and enjoyed being in the smoke-free bar (I love the smoking ban) and then headed home. We'll have to check out the wine bar another day, and try to remember that those places aren't open on Monday. That happens to us a lot - showing up somewhere we want to go only to find out we didn't remember the hours very well...oh well.
Kevin wanted to get a shutter release (think remote control, but wired, to make your camera take a photo) for taking photos of the fireworks on Friday, and he’d read that you could make one from a cellphone hands-free headset, which is $10 rather than the $20-30 that the shutter release costs and its a challenge. So, at home I see him get a knife and a hammer and go to work on it. Cutting wires and looking very MacGyver…all he needed was a piece of gum. After a few minutes of working on it, he decided to try it and it worked! You can hold the wire, push the button and voila, the camera takes a picture!
In unrelated, but good news – I had a voicemail from the dermatologist that the mole I had removed last week is benign :)
I am glad it was benign you can never be too careful and reading about Kevin making the shutter release made me laugh because that is EXACTLY what jonathan would do.
ReplyDelete