Friday, July 25, 2008

Ready for the weekend...

We finally got some rain this week. Yesterday I had to cut short my walk with Smokey because we were getting rained on, it was sprinkling off and on but was getting harder so we called it quits. Of course when we got home, he wanted to go back outside, so I got to towel him off again when he wanted back in. The rain is part of Hurricane Dolly which hit South Texas. I don't wish for anyone to have to deal with a hurricane, but was glad to get some rain. All told, we got about an inch and a half of rain. It was also a little cooler, but the stupid drivers freaking out for rain makes me frustrated and cranky when I get home.

Tonight we hope to go see The Dark Knight, I've heard great things and am looking forward to seeing it.

This weekend will be another busy one. I have to go to the dentist on Saturday morning to see their oral surgeon that comes once a month. I went for my cleaning this week and didn't have any cavities (yay!) but have extra tissue on my gums in the back that is annoying and that traps food, making a cavity back there more likely. So I'm going there to have it removed. We'll have to run errands on Saturday right after that so that in the afternoon we can go to celebrate Kaden's 3rd birthday (I really want to hear him call me Aunt Carol, but he gets shy around me). I can't wait to see him open his gifts from Keith and Julia, he'll be so surprised.

We plan to go to the beach on Sunday. Kevin went and got a canopy so we can have some shade, and we set it up on Tuesday night - it is easy to put it, just like the brand name - EZ UP - says. It should make for some nice shade when we're out there, especially good since the forecast calls for it to be about 100 degrees this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment