How sad is it that right now, I am really excited about the new shopping center opening up near us? Its grand opening starts tomorrow, which means we won't go there until at least next week but we drove through it last weekend and there will be a lot of places to go! It reminds me of a shopping center we went to in Kansas City. It is designed so the shops all look out onto pedestrian roads, and according to the map we got in the mail today part of it is even called 'downtown'. There are supposed to be places to live there eventually, but we'll just go down there to shop and eat. We've been seeing listings for the places coming in there, including: Macy’s, Dillard’s, Borders, BJ’s Brewhouse, Mimi's Cafe (went to one in KC, yummy!), and when we drove through it we saw that there will also be a Red Lobster, and I saw online that there will be a James Avery! There are a bunch of other places too, some I'll go to (Yankee Candle, for one) and others I couldn't care less about - Jared's, Aeropostale, etc.
I know I should be more concerned with whats going on in the world, but yep...right now its mostly excited about the new stores.
http://www.pearlandtowncenter.com
Our town center in Sugar Land, Rocks! They have all these events - which we never make it too, but might if we didn't have Screamy McScreamerson - like outdoor movies and concerts and stuff during the summer and Santa Claus in the winter and some faux American Idol stuff and the shops, while high end and way over priced, are fun to window shop. Totally worth getting excited over.
ReplyDelete