Today is our one year anniversary! Hard to believe its already been a year since we got married. Looking at some old blog entries reminded me of all the planning (and stressing) that went into our wedding. I had the spreadsheet to end all spreadsheets to help with planning. Why do we have such large events? Part of it is that we’ve seen movies and read magazines all our lives about the ‘princess day’ that is your wedding, but to me it was wanting to make a wonderful celebration for our family and friends to include them in starting this new phase of our life together. With lots of help from friends and family we had just that, and both have great memories of our wedding day. I still have to laugh when I think of our first impression of the chef - hearing him yelling at someone in the kitchen when we went to check out the venue as a possible place to have our wedding, then at the wedding he aimed to please and kept giving drinks to me and to Kevin.....everyone was well taken care of.
We’ve had a great first year of marriage, with lots of changes and adventures. Since getting married, we got our dog Smokey and in the fall I changed jobs with a lot of support from Kevin. I know these will be the first of many changes in our lives together.
Our anniversary falls on a Monday, so we both have to work today, but will celebrate tonight by going out to sushi (yum!). Here is one of my favorite photos from our wedding.
We’ve had a great first year of marriage, with lots of changes and adventures. Since getting married, we got our dog Smokey and in the fall I changed jobs with a lot of support from Kevin. I know these will be the first of many changes in our lives together.
Our anniversary falls on a Monday, so we both have to work today, but will celebrate tonight by going out to sushi (yum!). Here is one of my favorite photos from our wedding.
Happy Anniversary guys! A year flys by doesn't?
ReplyDeleteSo you guys geocache? We should get together one day downtown and find some!
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! I hope you guys have a wonderful day!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Emily