Monday, May 25, 2015

Lovely wedding

My sister's wedding was a great success!
It was a very busy weekend and there were things that went wrong (there always are), but all of that fades away when we see how happy the newly married couple is and all of the guests had a great time -- groom's dad was one proud papa!  My parents were over the moon as well.

I know that my sister is glad the planning is over (so am I) and it was wonderful to see so many family and friends and watch her commit to a wonderful man and he to her.

We were fortunate with the weather, especially seeing the weather we had before and after their wedding day. I am actually really glad she got married on a 3 day weekend, I needed the extra day to recover.

I was most nervous about giving my toast, I was rewriting it even the morning of the wedding!     I was able to give it, with a couple of stops because I just choked up as soon as I saw her with her new husband looking beautiful in her dress, but I did make it through it...she's so sweet she offered to read it for me, but I was like -- no, I have to do it (and it was so scribbled out I don't think she could've read it even if she wanted to).   I am so glad she let me go first, but realized after I gave it I wasn't sure what I was supposed to do - who do I give mic to, where do I go???

Our hair and makeup took longer than expected since one hair stylist wasn't there (the one that did our hair did a great job!)  so we were running late to the venue, it made for quite a comedy of errors for 6 bridesmaids + bride to get ready.  

Kevin looked great in his suit, and was such a trooper -- staying even after the grand exit so we could gather up all the items to bring back to the hotel.  


*I hope to add more to this recap but wanted to get it up before the weekend comes to an end*

No comments:

Post a Comment