No one in Houston will forget this year's Memorial Day. It has rained a lot this spring, but last night beat it all.
Even though we went to bed, we were awake most of the night listening to the rain and seeing the lightning, and all of the emergency alerts that kept blowing up Kevin's phone, but we were the lucky ones. Many people (including my sister) were stranded all over town. I know that my sister being out in the storm -- she found a gas station to seek shelter in, was part of why I couldn't sleep. I knew there was nothing I could do, but still worried for her.
Today we could not stop watching the coverage, tv and social media, about it. I really feel for the people who are dealing with flooded homes and cars today, and even worse for those who lost loved ones.
Meanwhile, I felt a little guilty since we just had a nice stay at home day, smoked some ribs and road our bikes to pick up fresh bread from a local bakery.
I know there will be more photos to come, but here is a good collection of a few.
This storm reminded me a lot of Tropical Storm Allison, and its just rain - no real storm system.
No comments:
Post a Comment