Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Job offer!

Today was a memorable day for all of Houston due to the flooding, and for my husband and I because he finally heard about the job he'd interviewed for and was waiting on -- he got it!

He summed up the process better than I can, and so I just pulled his posting, where he sweetly thanks me, from Facebook.   Congratulations, its because of all of your hard work that you will get to be a full-time college professor!!

Kevin's facebook post to let friends and family know:


I haven't really put much on Facebook about this, but in March I applied for a full time faculty position that opened up at the college I have been teaching at since 2012. Today, I received word that I have been selected for the position! It was one of the best calls I have ever received! Words cannot describe how excited I am right now! As some of you may know, in 2010 I decided to take a risk and make a major career change from Software Engineering to becoming a college professor. Now I can finally say my ultimate goal has been achieved! There is absolutely no WAY I could have done this without the support and encouragement of my incredible wife, Carol, as well as the support of friends and family along the way. I would not have been able to do this alone, but especially without Carol, who I love with all my heart and without whom I would not have gotten to this point. I am forever grateful sweetie:-) And to all of the wonderful teachers and colleagues I have had along the way, I thank you as well, for you helped me dream the dream and to believe that I could make it happen! With great humility, I look forward to my new career while not losing sight of how so many of you believed in me and encouraged me along the way. Thank you to all! 

1 comment: