Thursday, November 29, 2012

No millions for us

We did not win the Powerball, we knew we wouldn't but it was fun to daydream about what we'd do if we were suddenly multi-millionaires.   First on my list, after getting set up with a lawyer and a money manager -- take a fabulous trip!  I do hope the people who won the money put it to good use for their community and that they are able to manage it well, its amazing and sad how many stories you see of people who become very wealthy and then lose it all through mismanagement and excess.

I'm getting sick, I'm trying to beat it but I am pretty sure I'm coming down with what K had over the holidays.  Sore throat, congestion, so far I have sneezing not coughing.....not sure if its better to know whats ahead of you or worse -- at least this time its not a stomach bug, those are the WORST!

The Christmas lights we put in the bushes make me happy, they are already on when i get home from work in the evening.  'Net' lights are the way to go if you want to put lights in the bushes.  They look pretty festive and keep us from looking like the Grinch of the neighborhood.  They are nowhere near as elaborate as many of our neighbors, but we like them.    For our own safety we'll probably NEVER have lights on the roof.  I remember walking around on the roof at my house growing up to help my dad, as a kid it was no big deal, now I'm like hell no...I'd fall off (if I ever managed to get up on it in the first place).  We'll enjoy their lights and put ours up where we can do so with 2 feet on the ground.

2 comments:

  1. I did not win either... I can't imagine why, odds were totally in my favor. I thought we'd at least win $4... but I looked at those odds this morning. Less than 2%.

    Winning!

    I was able to fight off what Kevin had. It almost had me. Gave me a mild sore throat and a headache earlier this week. Went to Zumba last night. Sweated the last of it away.

    ReplyDelete