This day must be noted.....Kevin decided (on his own) to cook vegetables as part of our dinner, and not just any safe vegetable - butternut squash and green beans with pine nuts. The green beans were good, the butternut squash was great! They both accompanied pecan crusted fish. Kevin outdid himself and I think he may need to become the cook of the house, though I'm not sure he'll go for it.
He baked the squash, scraped
it (my contribution to the meal) and pureed it with some syrup and a pinch of salt. We needed spoons more than forks to
eat it, and he liked it!
We have such different approaches to cooking, he just 'wings it' and I want to try that approach more often..
He was inspired by his meal at Backstreet cafe a while back. If this is the result of a nice meal, we may have to treat ourselves more often :)
Getting excited about the Color Run this weekend and the Texans on Sunday night football!
No comments:
Post a Comment