Sunday, November 11, 2012

Color Run

I had a great time today at the Color Run.  It was my first ever 'color run' (or in my case: WALK) and I was able to participate with my sister and her boyfriend (aka gourmet and gamer).

We were a little unsure of the weather, since it was raining when we drove over, luckily the rain stopped and it was cloudy for the walk. Cloudy I can deal with, walking 3 miles in the rain I cannot.

The atmosphere was so much fun as we got ready to walk - music and dancing all around us - and the fun continued throughout the course.   I loved seeing all the outfits - tutus galore, and Laura surprised me with some fun socks.

Each kilometer was its own color and we would get doused with color as we walked through the color zone.   I went up to people to get sprayed/splashed with color, and we saw some people making 'color angels' -- I did not need that much color.  In the yellow section Chris rolled through the color -- very effective, if I tried to do that I'd somehow hurt myself.  We were towards the end of the pack of walkers/runners and so as much as we got i think the people at the beginning got even MORE (we had PLENTY -- they had so much they were picking it up with SHOVELS).

We were able to take some photos, ignore the really blurry ones -- Note to self:  you canNOT take a photo through a plastic bag if you want the photo to turn out.  Had the camera in a bag to protect it from the powder.

I was covered head to toe (even under my clothes) in color, and while it felt good to get cleaned up it was a little sad to wash it all away. 

Its been a great day all around - I made spaghetti for us for dinner and now we're watching the Texans on Sunday Night Football.  Beat those bears!  Kevin took it easy today since he's been feeling a little under the weather...

No comments:

Post a Comment