We started with a great dinner at Melting Pot with my sister and her boyfriend last weekend.
The day before my birthday K and I went out to dinner and split a free dessert for my birthday - the loyalty cards give you great birthday bonuses, and thankfully don't sing the song at you :).
On my actual birthday (Thursday), work took me out for lunch - delicious Cajun food - and that night Kevin and I went out for sushi.
My present to myself was a vacation day from work. I may make it an annual tradition, it was so nice to have an extra day off and to get to sleep in the day after my birthday. Its a busy time of year at work but if I wait for a 'good time' to take off I'll never get a day off and I really did need it. It worked with K's schedule too since his class days are earlier in the week. We spent the day together and treated ourselves to a movie: Argo -- GREAT movie and I can see why they're talking Oscars. It was a pretty serious movie, but they also had some great one-liners that we've been repeating since the movie....
Saturday we spent the day at the Renaissance festival, the weather was *perfect* (cool and sunny) and we had a wonderful time spending the day outdoors and were able to meet up with some friends who had decided to go that same day. We go each year and see something new every time - this year we watched a 'fire whip' show - along with revisiting some of our favorites. The theme this weekend was Halloween and so there were even more costumes than normal, and we loved seeing them all. One really impressive one was Freddy Krueger, it was so good that K wanted his photo with it.
Kevin threw me off the trail of my birthday gift. He'd said he couldn't find what he'd talked about getting me and then surprised me with it on Friday and, even better, he set it up for me today. I now have an ipod and all I have to do is load up my music to it, and make all sorts of playlists. Thanks sweetie!
Its been a great birthday weekend, and I'm not ready to go 'back to reality' tomorrow. I am happy that my day tomorrow should be 'normal' and I'm thinking about everyone bracing for Hurricane Sandy on the east coast.

Freddy freaks me out!!!
ReplyDelete