Our a/c hates us....I don't know why, but this is the second time we've had to have the same parts repaired in just over 3 years. Thankfully this time the parts are under warranty, but its still no fun.
Wednesday evening we heard a strange sound - sort of a rhythmic thumping. It was a brand new sound since our house (minus the tv) is usually pretty quiet. It was coming from the attic and it was the a/c. We let it run for part of the night but then turned it off and didn't get much sleep that night since it was warm out. I got it in my head that it could explode (doubtful I know) and was freaked out and just wanted it off for sleeping, thankfully I have a very understanding hubby -- thanks for being understanding of my irrational fears!
Luckily for us a cool front came through making it cooler and drier so its not too bad. We've got the windows open and are making do.
The repair man came on Friday and confirmed its the same thing we had fixed before - blower wheel and motor. The part won't be in today like we'd hoped, so we'll have to wait until Monday to get it fixed and so we're a/c-less for the weekend.
Having the windows open is interesting, I keep hearing sounds I'm not expecting and have to figure out what they are -- this morning I hear running wate (fountain in the backyard) and we can really hear the planes coming in to the airport near us. The planes remind me of my grandmother's house.
Its probably the best weather of the year to be without a/c if we have to be without it...
No comments:
Post a Comment