We had a great weekend!
Saturday was spent running errands and taking care of some overdue chores around the house.
Thank goodness for opticians! I'd been having problems with my new glasses - splitting to see double - and went to get them adjusted...I can already tell that I can see better and will be able to wear them without getting a headache. I cannot believe that my new glasses are J Lo brand. I bought them not because of that, but in fact despite that fact. Luckily as the lady at the store said, once you take the sticker off the lens it doesn't say JLo anywhere on it.
We finally put up the Texans flag that's been hanging out in our garage for longer than we should admit. K has had the flag for years and had displayed it at his house 2 houses ago....I don't think we ever put it up at our last house and had started the project but never finished it at this house. We bought the flag pole almost a year ago, and didn't get to it, than when we did the starters were getting hurt and K didn't want to jinx it. It took 2 trips to Ace hardware, and we ended up using glue and duct tape to finish the job (tools of champions), it looks great and is up in time for the new season!
Today (Sunday), K went to the Texans home opener and what a game it was! I didn't watch it, but I know he had a great time. It was White Out day so he wanted to wear head-to-toe white, including a white baseball hat. We cleaned it up on Saturday -- the key, drown it in Spray N
Wash and put it in the dishwasher in a frame to keep its shape. It
looks like a new brand new hat!
I spent Sunday with my parents and sister at my parents' house and we went to the bazaar at the church for a BBQ lunch. They could not have asked for better weather, the cool front came through and it was just gorgeous outside! While we were there we went to see the newly renovated church. It was closed for renovations all summer and just recently reopened. The new flooring and pews look really bright and beautiful , though I wonder why they put tile under the pews, easier to keep clean I guess. I wonder if it will be louder and I'm not sure why the new doors and the door to the cry room don't have doorknobs. I could not believe they didn't have bingo. The live auction was happening while we were there, how a person talks that fast I'll never know. We each bought one raffle ticket, I have my fingers crossed for the
Austin getaway.

No comments:
Post a Comment