Its starting to feel like fall and we could not be happier!
K and I had plans to meet for dinner after work, and when I saw how nice it was this morning I started thinking that we needed to go to eat somewhere with a patio. He agreed and we both put our thinking caps on....
Too funny, we both separately looked online for what places have the best patios and came up with the same answer: Backstreet Cafe
Neither of us had ever been there, but we will definitely be back! The patio is pretty wonderful - large with plenty of seating, and with it being walled in you don't realize you're right off a busy Houston street (Shepherd). Its large enough that the wall doesn't make it feel too closed-in. We were there early (good since we didn't have reservations) and didn't see it all lit up - they lit candles and lights were coming on in the fountain and trees as we were getting ready to go, but I'm sure its pretty at night.
The food was outstanding as well! We each had a seafood dish - his was pecan crusted trout and mine was a special of the day (grouper). The ingredients were all very fresh, and I was amazed that K ate (and liked) some butternut squash that came with his meal. I may dream about what I had, and saw several other things I want to try.
I'd read that they have an award-winning sommelier, so we had to take advantage and get a drink. The wine list was long, but instead we each got a specialty drink called "what the angels drink" - wine and moscato, lime juice, bitters and cointreau and watermelon ice cubes....it really might be what they serve in heaven, and strong WOW.
Neither of us wanted to leave.
I have always wanted to go to Backstreet Cafe. People always raved about it! I am glad it lived up to its reputation. And you and Kevin decided to enjoy a romantic evening out!
ReplyDelete