Today is my last day of work for the week. :) I am taking tomorrow off to get ready for Thanksgiving, and for the first time ever we're hosting at our house. We are so excited!!
We'd originally wanted to have both sides of the family over - with our 8-person table we finally have room for all of the adults. There were some plan changes so it will only be my side of the family, and it will still be a great time. It will be a bit strange not having my brother and his wife with us, but we are so thankful he found a great job for himself and with technology (voice over IP) we are able to talk to him fairly regularly, making it easier.
My parents are bringing a few dishes, and we making a few dishes for our feast. It makes it easier on everyone to split it up. I'm hoping that all of the dishes turn out ok, we're making some of our staples - turkey, cranberries, sweet potatoes - and trying some new dishes - mashed potatoes from scratch (I usually use a box), and a new green been recipe.
We'd originally wanted to have both sides of the family over - with our 8-person table we finally have room for all of the adults. There were some plan changes so it will only be my side of the family, and it will still be a great time. It will be a bit strange not having my brother and his wife with us, but we are so thankful he found a great job for himself and with technology (voice over IP) we are able to talk to him fairly regularly, making it easier.
My parents are bringing a few dishes, and we making a few dishes for our feast. It makes it easier on everyone to split it up. I'm hoping that all of the dishes turn out ok, we're making some of our staples - turkey, cranberries, sweet potatoes - and trying some new dishes - mashed potatoes from scratch (I usually use a box), and a new green been recipe.
I hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving, and remember all that we should be thankful for this year and every year. I love Thanksgiving and hate that it always gets overshadowed by Christmas preparations. I am guilty of it too, I found a couple of Christmas gifts while I was out running errands last weekend, this is THE earliest I've ever started shopping. The rest of this week I will enjoy being with family and really taking time out to see all that we have to be thankful for.
No comments:
Post a Comment