Sunday, November 21, 2010

Kevin is back in school and couldn't be happier. It makes me very happy to see him doing something he enjoys and also reminds me just how much work school can be when I get that thought in my head thinking maybe I should go back.

I can get my fix by helping Kevin with his program. This weekend I read one of his papers before he turned it in and last week I read a book review he'd had to write for one of his other classes. It helps him because I can find a few small errors that he won't see because he's read it over so many times, and it helps me to better understand what he's studying (I also get to learn a little bit about history in the process). I know he's reading all the time and writing lots of papers, but realized I'm not really sure what he's studying. I pick up books for him at the library and get lost in the TITLES of some of them. It is also very easy to tell in our book piles which are "Carol books" and which are "Kevin books".

We refer to his classes by a shortened version of the names. His 3 classes this semester are: British, Texas, and History of Darwinism. The first two are pretty self-explanatory, the third one I'm still trying to understand. No matter how much or how little I understand of what he's studying, he's loving it - and from the feedback he gets from his professors doing very well at it!

This year, in addition to what I'm always thankful for - good health, family, friends - I am thankful that we found a program that he enjoys and that we are at a place in our lives where he could quit his job to pursue his studies.

No comments:

Post a Comment