Its a bit late, but here's my recap of our fun-filled weekend last weekend. I really wish I'd had the extra hour of sleep, but will try to make good use of it when we go off DST this weekend. I will miss the light in the evenings but am glad to not get up and head to work in the DARK!
The weather finally turned cooler and more like fall so we took the opportunity to go to the Texas Renaissance Festival. You have to stay flexible on the dates you can go and luckily my sister's schedule was flexible too so we made the trek out there (with a Shipley's stop on the way), and had a great day. The main thing I wanted to do while we were there was to see the birds of prey show, and we were able to see it. It was a great show - entertaining and educational, I cannot believe how acrobatic some of the birds are. Most of the birds were rescued so hearing how they came to be part of the show was an interesting addition to the show. One of the first birds we saw looked like it was going to hunt some live squirrels rather than the bag the handler had, I was worried we (and the kids around us) were going to get a real education on how mother nature works, but luckily for us it finally went for the bag it is trained to get. The handler told us the squirrels have been caught before, but since these birds were raised in captivity they don't know what to do with them....lucky for the squirrels! After the show we wandered around some more, shopped a bit, and got lost in the maze (annoying teenage girls - I do NOT need you to tell me how to get out, I paid my money to be lost in the maze for a bit and you yelling at me to 'turn left' is just annoying).
My sister tried out one of the games you could play - quite a bit of physics to it!
I also got my empanada fix...mmmm
Once we were worn out (and dusty - its so dry!) we headed back home.
Laura and I changed clothes really quickly and headed back out again - this time to the ROCKETS home opener! Unfortunately they didn't win (and haven't had a win yet), but we had a great time, even got a free t-shirt! They had cardboard cut-outs of the players that you could take photos with, I barely come up to Yao's ELBOW!
Sunday was much more low-key, since we were worn out from all the fun on Saturday. We made homemade chili and handed out candy to trick-or-treaters. Rather than get up and down all night long to get the door, we just sat on the driveway to hand out candy, the weather was great and it was much more pleasant to do it that way.
No comments:
Post a Comment