We finally made it to a festival! We made a quick trip to the Italian Festival yesterday afternoon, quite a treat since Kevin spends a good chunk of each weekend working on his classes. The festival was on the campus of our alma mater, the place looked completely different with all of the food and drink tents, stages, and booths. I hadn't realized how much the campus has changed since I left. Several times I found myself looking at an empty lot and wondering what happened to the building that used to be there.. Most of the changes are for the better, but I miss the houses that were there when I first started as an undergrad.
At the festival we watched the kids' grape stomp (their commentary and description of how it felt was hilarious), and enjoyed some Italian donuts (yum!) It was fun, even though it was warmer than I would've liked.
No comments:
Post a Comment