We're headed to a costume party tonight, Gwendolyn, Jay and Sarah are having their annual party. It should be fun, and afterwards I hope to have some photos to share of us in our costumes. For the party, they wanted childhood photos of us in costumes, so my mom was nice enough to find some photos of my brother and I. Costumes really have come a long way since we were kids. The ones we had were a mask (which was tough to see out of) and a plastic shirt that you'd tie onto yourself. I highly doubt they were flame retardant. I wonder if kids would even be allowed to wear the costumes we wore...
1981: a clown and Daffy Duck. I think we still own those jack-o-lanterns that we used for all of our candy!
1982: a princess and a pirate (sounds like a movie title)
While I was out shopping recently, I saw Halloween decorations and Christmas decorations right next to each other, and thought it was quite a strange combination to see witches and skeletons right next to Santa. Stores - let us enjoy the fall season without pushing us towards Christmas, we'll get there soon enough!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment