This was the first time I've ordered from CSN, so I was pleased that the items came very quickly, I had received both items within a week of ordering them.
The first item I bought was an Epicurean cutting board. I know you are thinking
(my hypothetical readers) - a cutting board? could you be more boring? but it is exactly what I needed. Aside as to WHY I needed a new cutting board - I had cut THROUGH one of the ones we had when using our scary sharp knife to cut corn on the cob and found it worked best if I really slammed it down (with all fingers well out of the way), it cut the cob great but also cut the board, it was a flimsy one anyway. So having to retire that cutting board and having only one other flimsy one and a HUGE one that is reserved for cutting meat, meant I needed a new one. I like that this one is more sturdy and has the magic words for me *dishwasher safe*. I was a bit concerned that it says it is "Constructed from paper" but have found it to be fairly sturdy. It does seem to get stained easily, but with a little scrubbing it has come off. I love the handle cut-out, so I can easily hold onto the cutting board when I pick it up to push what I've cut onto a bowl, plate, etc. That is a unique feature compared with most cutting boards I've had. Anything that makes my life easier in the kitchen is a WIN for me. Bonus - it is made in the USA, rare in my shopping experience. The other item I bought should also make cooking easier. I bought a Calphalon garli
c peel and press. I'll have to review it later since we actually haven't used it yet. We had the *perfect* opportunity to try it out, but forgot we had it. It is supposed to peel the garlic for you as you press it through, which would make my life easier and make me oh so happy, I hate peeling garlic. I had wanted one since BOTH cooking classes I attended used one and can't wait to try out this one. I'll keep it in mind when I make our menu out for the week. Stay tuned....If you'd be interested in hosting a giveaway or doing a review, let me know and I can send you the contact information of the woman I've worked with. It was the first time I shopped with CSN but will not be the last.
No comments:
Post a Comment