I was able to talk to my brother last night! They are getting settled into their new place in Nicaragua for his new job, and he worked his first day on Friday. He sounded happier than I've heard him in a LONG time.
They were able to SURPRISE his wife's family. They knew he got a job, but had assumed it was in Austin, TX and had no idea that it would put my brother and wife only a few hours away. I can only imagine the surprise, disbelief, and excitement that must've happened when they pulled off the surprise. It was quite a secret to keep. I'll definitely miss having them only a few hours away, but with the wonders of technology we should be able to talk to them somewhat regularly and know this is the right place for them to be for now.
He'll be busy learning his new job, and get lots of practice with Spanish. He said he had to ask MJ (wife) to speak English on his lunch break Friday so that his brain could rest.
What an awesome experience for them! Best of luck to the both of them! I'm sure his in-laws are so excited!!!! I sure would be!
ReplyDelete