Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Hurricane Season

Having grown up on the Gulf Coast, I'm very aware of hurricanes and hurricane season. We all remember the names of the ones that have affected us - Alicia, Allison, Katrina, Rita, Ike, and others.

The good thing about hurricanes, unlike tornados, is that you have a lot of warning and time to prepare. Yet, still people are caught unaware, and I've seen that it isn't so much the storm but AFTERWARDS that you have to prepare for (little gas to be found, bare and empty grocery stores, no power).

I'm thinking of and praying for the people in Mexico who are about to be hit with Hurricane Alex, the first storm of the season and the first JUNE hurricane since 1995. I'm afraid it will be a very active season, and no one knows what will happen with the oil that is all over the gulf from the BP oil spill. That factor adds another level of concern for the people and the environment.

Be prepared and stay safe!

in more fun news, today is 3 years since Kevin and I tied the knot! Its been a fun and fast 3 years, and I look forward to many more....luv ya babe!

No comments:

Post a Comment