Sunday, June 27, 2010

Everyone needs a cheerleader

I am so proud of my sister! She completed a triathlon (her first) this morning. She had to swim 300 meters, bike 10 miles, and then run 3 miles. I went with her to cheer her on, and so I could be her driver if her legs were jello bythe end of it. I was happy to do it, she's been training for it for a couple of months, and it helps to have a friendly face cheering you on.

I was tired just watching all of the competitors, not to mention that we got up at 4:30 am. It looked like a tough race, and it was brutally hot even that early in the morning. Lessons for next time: bring a chair to sit in (lots of waiting for her to come by on each leg of her race) and bring water for myself, I'm not running but still sweating. I was glad that I knew her number #639, it helped to judge when she might come by in the biking part, since they did a staggered start by number.

I do not know if I'd do a a triathlon, but I do find myself feeling inspired to train for something, Tour de Pink maybe?? and also to get some goggles so I can practice swimming....

No comments:

Post a Comment