Friday, June 25, 2010

Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday to my sweet husband Kevin!!

I baked and frosted a cake for him last night. I made it in two batches (we only have one 9" round pan) so that I could have two layers with frosting in between. It doesn't sit very evenly because the center rises higher than the rest. I guess professionals cut their cakes to be even? They do that all the time on Ace of Cakes. It isn't as pretty as I would like, but doesn't look too bad with the frosting added and it is made with lots of love. Tonight we'll see how it tastes :) It is chocolate and chocolate frosting, I think he likes chocolate MORE than I do so there was never any question on what flavor it would be. In all the time we've been together, I think this is the first birthday cake I've made for him, usually his mom makes him one even though she told us the year of our wedding that this was the last one she'd make for him. He's still her little boy, and she makes awesome desserts, so I don't think she can resist.

We'll have dinner out tonight, and go to his parents' to celebrate tomorrow (after watching the USA play in the World Cup), not a bad birthday weekend. We'll have a belated party with the 4th of July....

He's already gotten his gift from me - the outdoor speakers we installed last weekend. Next year's gift, I think he wants 'no assembly required' but I know he's enjoying them. He sat out on the patio for a while last night listening to them.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KEVIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment