What a year it has been. Everyone I know is ready to say goodbye to 2009 and I hope for better things for everyone in 2010, most especially new jobs for everyone that I know (and all those that I don't know) who lost jobs as a result of the economy . I've been very fortunate to have secure jobs for most of my working life and count my blessings that I have a stable job that I enjoy.
2009 did bring us some great things, and I don't want to forget them among all of the bad news that this year will be remembered for:
- we visited the Big Apple for the first time in the spring (during the swine flu scare). I fell in love with the city, though I don't think I could ever live there.
- we found and moved into our dream house. house hunting was new to me, and quite an adventure! house selling was even tougher, and I don't wish to repeat the experience anytime soon. We're all settled in, decorating is a work in progress, and we have LOVED having so many people over to the house, including several overnight guests.
- we welcomed 2 members to our family: our niece was born in July and Kevin's cousin married his beautiful bride Julie in October.
We're spending New Year's Eve at a friend's house, and want to wish everyone a happy and prosperous 2010!! Be safe tonight and see you next year :)
So good to remember the good parts of the year.
ReplyDelete