We're already two weeks into 2010, how did that happen? Its been a busy month so far.
Last weekend I went to Gabriel's first birthday party and had a great time! There was lots of food, gifts and such a cute robot theme! It was a joint birthday party with his daddy, which meant TWO birthday cakes, yum! Given the choice, I always choose chocolate so had a piece of Jay's chocolate cherry cake, so good...I need to find out how the recipe, such a good combination of flavors. Unfortunately, Gabriel gave us all an unexpected gift - a stomach bug. It didn't hit me until a couple of days later, so I didn't realize I'd picked it up from him until I posted on facebook that I was feeling better and others from the party commented about also getting sick. Its not the first time we've picked something up from kids around us and I'm sure it won't be the last. Kevin's entire family got sick from our nephew before we got married, we called it "Kaden's revenge" it was so bad.
This weekend we went to the wedding reception for a former coworker. We didn't attend the ceremony, but went to the reception in the evening. Yang and his new bride looked so happy and she is a beautiful bride! I love weddings, seeing how happy the couple looks and everyone coming together to celebrate with them. The place felt like a rooftop terrace, but it was actually inside -- some of the hotel rooms were overlooking the reception. Note: If you stay at the Marriott in the Galleria area ask for a room AWAY from this area if you aren't attending the party, otherwise you'll be up half the night listening to the music. We were able to sit with another former coworker and her hubby, along with several of their college friends. It was good to catch up with her and meet her hubby I've heard so much about. Our new phrase from the evening: the vegetarians did it. There was a mix-up in the kitchen and our fish dishes were served to some people who'd requested vegetarian dishes (not very strict vegetarians, I guess) and so there were none prepared for us. Once they realized the mistake (and we sat for a while with no food), they served us the next course while they prepared more fish for us. I was so afraid there were going to say they'd give us the vegetarian dishes. They may be good, but Kevin would want no part of it, and honestly after looking at the menu in front of us, I wouldn't either. We're working on getting more vegetables in our diet, but he's still a meat and potatos guy. We got the fish, and it was worth the wait....seabass (drool)....
If anyone has suggestions on things to see or places to eat in Charlotte, NC please let me know. I'll be there soon for work and have never been, and love trying new places.
Last weekend I went to Gabriel's first birthday party and had a great time! There was lots of food, gifts and such a cute robot theme! It was a joint birthday party with his daddy, which meant TWO birthday cakes, yum! Given the choice, I always choose chocolate so had a piece of Jay's chocolate cherry cake, so good...I need to find out how the recipe, such a good combination of flavors. Unfortunately, Gabriel gave us all an unexpected gift - a stomach bug. It didn't hit me until a couple of days later, so I didn't realize I'd picked it up from him until I posted on facebook that I was feeling better and others from the party commented about also getting sick. Its not the first time we've picked something up from kids around us and I'm sure it won't be the last. Kevin's entire family got sick from our nephew before we got married, we called it "Kaden's revenge" it was so bad.
This weekend we went to the wedding reception for a former coworker. We didn't attend the ceremony, but went to the reception in the evening. Yang and his new bride looked so happy and she is a beautiful bride! I love weddings, seeing how happy the couple looks and everyone coming together to celebrate with them. The place felt like a rooftop terrace, but it was actually inside -- some of the hotel rooms were overlooking the reception. Note: If you stay at the Marriott in the Galleria area ask for a room AWAY from this area if you aren't attending the party, otherwise you'll be up half the night listening to the music. We were able to sit with another former coworker and her hubby, along with several of their college friends. It was good to catch up with her and meet her hubby I've heard so much about. Our new phrase from the evening: the vegetarians did it. There was a mix-up in the kitchen and our fish dishes were served to some people who'd requested vegetarian dishes (not very strict vegetarians, I guess) and so there were none prepared for us. Once they realized the mistake (and we sat for a while with no food), they served us the next course while they prepared more fish for us. I was so afraid there were going to say they'd give us the vegetarian dishes. They may be good, but Kevin would want no part of it, and honestly after looking at the menu in front of us, I wouldn't either. We're working on getting more vegetables in our diet, but he's still a meat and potatos guy. We got the fish, and it was worth the wait....seabass (drool)....
If anyone has suggestions on things to see or places to eat in Charlotte, NC please let me know. I'll be there soon for work and have never been, and love trying new places.
Darn those vegetarians...
ReplyDeleteThose vegetarians are always up to something!
ReplyDelete