Tuesday, December 22, 2009

See ya next year!

I am ready for Christmas! I wrapped the last of our gifts last night - it is an 'IOU' gift since what we ordered for my father-in-law in NOVEMBER hasn't come in yet (grumble, grumble), but it should be here before the end of the week, and he'll have something to open when we do Christmas with Kevin's family tonight. His grandmother and her hubby (and dogs) drove in yesterday, so we'll get to see the whole family tonight. I love this time of year - the decorations (we drove around the neighborhood looking at lights over the weekend), the music, seeing family - and am looking forward to some relaxation (and no alarm clocks!) the rest of this week and next. We'll celebrate with Kevin's family tonight, with my family on Christmas day, and Kevin and I will have a short vacation to Galveston next week.

Today is my last day to work for the year! WOOHOO! I've moved all of my outstanding to-dos to after the holiday - it says due next month but it is really due next year (next decade if you really want to scare yourself about how time flies). It is a ghost town here at work, which has made it possible for me to get a lot done, but also problematic to get hold of anyone who I need to get answers from. Luckily all the 'gotta get done' is already done.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Santa tracking has come a long way since I was a kid. I remember watching the weather as a kid to see the red blip that was Rudolph's nose. Now NORAD will track him, complete with Facebook and twitter updates...

No comments:

Post a Comment