Monday, November 23, 2009

Well, I didn't take photos of the draperies yet..but will soon.

We had a great weekend. We stayed around the house most of the day Saturday...it was dreary and rainy, and a good day to just stay at home. It rarely works out for me to be able to stay home on the days that the weather is telling me to stay home, so it was a nice treat. We made spaghetti for dinner, and I even baked some muffins for breakfast for Sunday, and broke in the smoker with a brisket - smoked it for 6 hours, then cooked it overnight in the oven. We had friends over yesterday to help us eat it...tasted so good, and it was a great treat to have it work out that everyone we invited was able to come. That should be the first of many good meals cooked on that smoker.

Tonight the Texans are on Monday Night Football. Kevin will be there, I'll watch it on tv. We are VERY excited to see them on national tv, especially against the Titans....

Thanksgiving is only a few days away and I am so annoyed that all the stores are already cramming Christmas at us. I know, their objective is to sell, sell, sell, but would it really be so bad to take these days to stop to think of all that we have to be thankful for? Even in the economy we are in right now and with all the people laid off, we have a lot to be thankful for. I am guilt of getting caught up in the hub-bub of it all, but do want to stop and think of all that I have to be thankful for. Here are the tops on my list of what I'm thankful for: a wonderful family (including the family I gained from marrying Kevin), my sweet husband, good health, a job I enjoy, living in a country with all the freedoms that we have. I know my list is much longer but that is my top 5. I want to be better at telling those in my life I'm thankful for how much they mean to me....I know that they know it, but its good to hear, even a simple thank you to the person working a check-out can brighten their day...

No comments:

Post a Comment