Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy Halloween

This weekend's weather was gorgeous! It made for a PERFECT day at the Texas Renaissance Festival. My sister went with us and we had a great time. Being Halloween, there were costumes of all kinds. She and I dressed up and Kevin was an anachronism :). Some of Laura's friends were also there, so she joined up with them to watch some shows and Kevin and I watched some entertainment but mostly just wandered around and enjoyed the weather outside - cool and sunny. The most entertaining show we saw was "drench a wench" where a girl sits in a dunking booth and heckles people while they try to throw bean bags at a target. often she gets spectators so mad that they pay to be able to try to dunk her. she's good at what she does!

We left early to be home in time for trick-or-treating, and had a LOT of kids come by! I should've had more candy, but wasn't sure if we'd have kids come to our door or not. We had LOTS of kids come by, love seeing them in their costumes - my favorites: the tiny boy in a lion outfit, the boy that just yelled "candy" when I opened the door, and the kids singing "trick-or-treat smell my feet.." as they walked away. Our favorite trick-or-treater: our nephew dressed as a Transformer.

enjoyed our extra hour of sleep last night, though really I just woke up extra early today...

Today we went to my in-laws to watch the game and have dinner, good meal and a Texans' win!!

Cannot believe its already November...

1 comment:

  1. I wish we'd had more trick or treaters - sounds like you chose a very kid friendly neighborhood - that's awesome.

    ReplyDelete