Monday, November 23, 2009

Draperies

I got a photo of the drapes, and you can see the new wall paint color. I forgot to take a before picture, so this photo of the living room that we took the weekend we moved in will have to do:

As you can see it was plain white walls and windows. We wanted to warm up the room and so we had the living room and kitchen painted a 'honey' color, and we love it. The wall color looks a bit different depending on the time of day, much warmer than the white walls we started with. We'll eventually paint other rooms in the house, but this is a great start, especially since these are the rooms where we spend most of our waking hours at home. The crown molding is also new and really completes these two rooms, now I just need to find a large wall hanging for behind the kitchen table and a window treatment for the kitchen and we'll consider them complete! Houses are always a work in progress, and with this house I want to make that effort, I never really did with the other one.....

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE it!! Looks fantastic! I can't wait to see more! I bet you are loving it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those drapes! And the wall color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is that color thats the color I want my kitchen to be, email it to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm stalking your blog - I love your drapes and the paint color! Want to come help Drew and I vamp up our new house? :) There is lots of wallpaper removal and painting to be done.

    ReplyDelete