Thursday, June 25, 2009

Heat Emergency

Happy Birthday to my wonderful husband! He loves summer, but I don't think anyone can love THIS much heat. Today has been declared a heat emergency by the National Weather Service, and expects tomorrow to be one too. I would not mind if I never saw another heat record broken, yesterday....104, and we haven't had rain since late May. If anyone knows how to do a successful rain dance, let me know. I don't think washing the car will make it rain this time.

My sister spent the night with us last night because the power at her apartment complex is out, the heat is making the power lines and water lines in many areas struggle (and often break), can't we get some relief?

This was the right year to get an ice cream cake for K's birthday. We got it over the weekend and finished it off last night...so hot, it just cools the body down...yum!

Be safe if you're outside in this heat....

1 comment:

  1. Yesterday on my way home from work, there was this wet stuff falling out of the sky. I was clearly not the only one alarmed, because people stopped all over I-10, I think maybe just to take it in. I didn't recognize it at first, but I think I remember seeing it before, a long long time ago. It didn't last very long, or long enough even, but maybe it's a sign that there's more to come...one can hope.

    ReplyDelete