Sunday, June 14, 2009

Neighborhood Hitckhiker

Its official, our house is listed for sale. On Friday, the signs were put up in the yard and the key box on our door. I’m very happy about our upcoming move, but have to admit that it is strange to drive up to the house and see a for sale sign in the yard.


We got the biggest of our staging projects finished this weekend with the help of my wonderful parents. We have been clearing out the study to turn it into a dining room (its intended use) to help the house show better, and were going to rent a trailer to get the couch and table we had in there to our storage unit.


My parents offered to come up with their trailer and help us. It’s a good thing they did, because we needed the third and fourth person to get the items – especially the couch – out of the house and into the trailer. K and I had secured a trailer on our own, but would not have been able to manage the furniture on our own. We got everything to the storage unit and rearranged furniture in the house so that our new table is now in that room, we also added a lamp and corner unit. I can’t get over how LARGE the room is! In addition to helping us with the furniture, we had a good visit with my parents. They came up Friday and spent the night so we could get an early start Saturday, before it got so hot…


A strange sighting I have to share – our current neighborhood has a hitchhiker. I’ve seen him several times in the morning when I am driving to work, and I assume he’s trying to get a ride to work - which if he does get a ride why doesn't he just make arrangements to always ride with that person Anyone driving by almost has to live there, there is almost no thru traffic in our neighborhood.. I saw him yesterday evening – a Saturday. Where is he going? And is this his method of transportation everywhere? I am not curious enough to stop and ask him, but do find it very strange…

2 comments:

  1. My family moved so much growing up that you'd think I would have gotten used to for sale signs in the front yard, but I never did. They always seemed so strange to see. And of course as a kid, a constant reminder that I had to leave my friends and go meet new people.
    I think whenever Mike and I decide to move to a bigger house that I'm going to be really sad to put ours on the market. Even though it won't mean I have to make new friends, I'll be sad to leave our home.
    Yeah for you having such a productive weekend though. We spent Saturday sitting on the couch. Not nearly as productive as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the staging, next comes the keeping it clean enough for stangers to come in at a moments notice...I hate making the bed every morning - so that's what really sucked for me.

    ReplyDelete