Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Anniversary

We got our hopes up last night that we might get rain. We heard thunder and the lights went off and on half a dozen times, sometimes staying off a few minutes (ruining our chances of finishing our movie since the tv and all had to start back up every time). We went outside to take the umbrella down and also just to watch the lightning, it looked like quite a storm -- really windy too! I've never been so excited to hear thunder and see lightning! After all that, we got just a few drops - we looked at the radar and it actually went around us. The street was wet this morning, so we must've gotten some rain, but nothing like I was thinking we'd have after that intro.....I am so glad to hear that some people got rain, the whole area needs it so badly.....

I often hear people say, this summer is much worse than last summer or other similar comparisons of weather to other years (milder winter, colder winter, etc., etc.). I am hopeless at remembering weather from one year to the next, with this exception -- I know that 2 years ago June was MUCH wetter, it rained nearly every day...I know because we were getting married at the end of the month and planned to have an outdoor ceremony, so I was anxiously watching it rain each day and wondering if we'd get the ceremony we wanted. We did get the ceremony we wanted even though we moved it inside -- it was still too hot and would've been miserable outside. I find it hard to believe that happy day was two years ago today. Happy Anniversary sweetie! We have no big plans since its a Tuesday - though we will have wine with dinner to toast the year and ring in the beginnings of year #3...we already know it will be a year of milestones - a move and our first niece...

Also a Happy Anniversary to Hillery & Mike and our next door neighbors! what are the chances that your neighbors will have the same anniversary you do? not sure, but ours do!

We thought the rain might've been an early anniversary gift (or a late birthday gift for Kevin). Here's hoping July is cooler and more wet.
Addition: We got a great anniversary gift - we were able to lock in a good interest rate for the new house!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for including us in your blog. So thoughtful! I too remember the rainy June we had two years ago. It rained the whole month. Our good friends Alan and Lyndsay got married two weeks before us and had to change a lot of their wedding plans because of the rain on their day. We were so fortunate. It rained right up to the point I got to the church, then stopped, started again while guest were arriving, and stopped by the end of the ceremony. Then it didn't rain the rest of the evening so none of our plans had to change. The funny thing was we decided against an outdoor ceremony because we were worried about it being too hot. The summers are always so dry that it never occurred to us that it might rain! Hard to believe that it's been two years. Time really does fly by.
    Happy Anniversary. I hope your third year together is a blessed one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you enjoyed your anniversary last night. You should definitely try Twisted Root Burger next time you're in Dallas. Do you come up often? We should get together the next time you're in town.

    ReplyDelete