Sunday, September 4, 2016

long weekend

Fall semester is in full swing for both of us!   Kevin's semester started a week later than mine, so we had two weeks of first-week craziness -- not sure if its better or worse that it was spread out, mine one week and his the next or just get it all over at once?   Who am I kidding, we've both been running crazy since we got back from our trip.

This 3-day weekend couldn't come soon enough.  As of now, no big plans and we're staying in town.

We had a good visit with Kevin's parents, brother, niece and 2 nephews yesterday -- grilled burgers, yes please!     Added a slice of bacon to it, yum!

Here are a few quick highlights:

  • Kevin bought the Hamilton musical soundtrack and we are loving it!    Already looking forward to it coming to Houston in 2017/18.  He is not usually interested in musicals, so its a treat to know he wants to see it -- and he loves the history in it, may even use in his courses!
  • Football is back -- we attended a preseason Texans game, did our fantasy draft (I again got the worst grade of all...), and he spent much of yesterday watching college football....I can watch football, its the shows ABOUT the football that I just don't want to see 
  • still loving my handpicked blueberries - used them in pancakes this weekend


No comments:

Post a Comment