Saturday, September 17, 2016

CMT awareness month - What is CMT?

September is Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease awareness month!  It is totally coincidental that I have the same initials as this disease, but some folks who are near and dear to me live with this disease and I'd NEVER even heard of it until I met my husband.   That is exactly why I want to raise awareness (and money) for it, its fairly common and almost no one has heard of it....

I sometimes forget my husband has it and admit I don't fully understand what all it affects in his life -- he has often looked at me doing a task (tying my shoe, buttoning a shirt) that to me is just second nature and he's like 'how do you do that so fast?"    This infographic is a good reminder of some what he deals with on a daily basis, and I know that he has a milder case than many.

I don't often talk about it as I know many people are private about their health, but he said he's ok with me sharing this, so now I want to make sure everyone knows about it.  Its common and yet there's no walk, or public events that I'm aware of to raise money and awareness....

There is a movie about a girl living with CMT -- check out Bernadette if you have a chance....

Credit for infographic goes to: Contractor Quotes.












’What















No comments:

Post a Comment