Sunday, February 3, 2013

Superbowl Sunday

February already?!?

Yesterday was Groundhog day and we've been joking that any Houston groundhogs are running around outside, it is full on spring here!   I did read that the real groundhog didn't see its shadow so I guess everyone gets an early spring.   I am not complaining, I went for a lovely bike ride this morning and am sitting outside right now soaking in the weather.

We celebrated Kevin's brother's birthday yesterday - he's a groundhog day baby.   It worked out really well for him to have his kids on his birthday and we just went to the in-laws for grilled burgers (hotdogs for the kids) and a frozen dessert -- yes, FROZEN dessert in February.

The Superbowl is today and we've been iffy on plans - it was just going to be the 2 of us watching it at the house.  Then on Friday and Saturday we had some last minute interest from others in coming over to watch the game, so we're having a small party.  The theme just sort of worked itself out -- we love making gumbo, and the game is in New Orleans....so MARDI GRAS theme!  We found some beads around the house and got some that had been dress up for my niece  but that she doesn't use anymore, and I had an excuse to buy a king cake at the store, and we are set!    I'm hoping for a good game and better commercials than we've had in recent years, and know it'll be a fun time!  I'd better get off the computer and work on the rest of our munchies - shrimp stock is cooking now and no superbowl party is complete without guacamole!

No comments:

Post a Comment