Our groggy dog is getting back to normal. He had his procedure to remove the lump on Wednesday, turns out the vet found another one right behind his front leg and removed it as well since S was already sedated. That night he barely moved and would cry when he stood by his bowl, poor thing had pain pills.....He's on 'restricted movement' for a few more days and will have to go back to get some staples removed, other than that he's pretty much back to normal. The vet thinks he may have the beginnings of arthritis and that is why he wakes me up in the middle of the night - he can't sleep....poor guy, its hell getting old. S also recently got a 'cave bed' , the jury is still out on whether or not he likes it...
Today I leave for my conference and I must admit I am so glad that the planning is pretty much OVER! We'll have last minute problems and decisions, but most of the work must be done at this point. We have over 200 people attending and I'm ready for it! I'm also ready to end my term as President! Kevin is so sweet to let me abandon him for a few days.
Update -our Superbowl party was fun! The kids especially enjoyed the Mardi Gras beads and the gumbo and grilled chicken made by our friend Robert was delicious. The lights stayed on at our house, and I thought the jokes about the blackout in the stadium were funnier than the commercials....thanks also to Gourmet and Gamer (Laura and Chris) for attending!
I heard the conference was awesome! I hope Smokey is feeling better.
ReplyDeleteI nominated you for a Liebster Award...come network with me! The details are on my blog here: http://www.emasgrandideas.com/2013/02/liebster-award.html