K decided yesterday afternoon he wanted to buy a lottery ticket for the mega millions drawing - also last night. We rode our bikes up to the new gas station in front of our neighborhood so he could buy them. I waited outside with the bikes while he went inside to make his picks. The gas station was busy (terrific peoplewatching!) and he'd never bought lotto tickets (other than scratch off) so it took him a little while to purchase them. I remember the one time I bought tickets with my friend Mimi, we saw the forms and had no idea where to begin, and other people came in and had a whole lingo to very quickly purchase theirs. Everything is a learning process the first time...
He bought his tickets and we headed home. I can honestly say that is the first time I've ever ridden my bike to a gas station. I grew up too far out of town to ride anywhere but a friend's house.
We knew we had no shot in winning, but enjoyed the bike ride.
I looked at the winning numbers just now and out of his 3 picks (5 numbers + megaball for each) he got ONE right...the news had said we had a better chance of getting struck by lightning. It is fun to dream about what we'd do if we won.
we had fun riding our bikes up to the gas station to buy the tickets!
No comments:
Post a Comment