Sunday, March 18, 2012

freeze those shells

We made some delicious gumbo today. I love being able to make my own stock and made use of a hint I'd learned on the internet.   I froze the shells from the times we've had shrimp this year and used those for the stock - which gave us many more shells than we usually have and let me start the stock in the morning, even though I hadn't gone to the store yet.

The shells from the shrimp we used in the gumbo will go in the freezer for the next time we make stock...

I am not a good cook by any means, so have to share whenever I have a cooking tip :)

2 comments:

  1. Good tip! We eat so much shrimp and then I buy shrimp stock for fish curries and such. This is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill glad to help, i love it...so flavorful especially using more shells. Here is the recipe we've used http://www.closetcooking.com/2011/03/shrimp-stock.html

    ReplyDelete