Sunday, February 19, 2012

We had a pretty low-key weekend.    We got a lot of rain on Friday and Saturday so it was a good weekend to stay in and I haven't been feeling great so even more reason to stay home.

We finally saw "Water for Elephants".   It was of course not as good as the book but pretty good and yes I love elephants so I'm biased :)  I'm convinced the actor who played August can never play anyone you want to root for because he's always played bad guys and he plays them well, I hate him!!!

Today Kevin had the idea to check out a nearby Indian grocery store so we could find a few ingredients to make butter chicken.   I was surprised with how large the place was and amazed with how many ingredients I'd never heard of...we found what we needed - tandoori masala - and also got some frozen naan.   The butter chicken was delicious (though I made the mistake of looking at the nutritional information) , the naan was disappointing since it ended up soggy in some spots.  I think because it went from frozen to heated up too quickly.   It was probably more authentic than what we've bought at the grocery store, but I'll go back to that unless we find a way to have it turn out better.   The price was great, all 3 items we bought were not even $6, compared to the closest thing we could find to tandoori masala at our usual grocery store being $4.50 there.

I am pretty sure the reason I haven't been feeling well is that I've been working too hard, both on the conference and on my regular workload.   I got a lot of rest this weekend and am feeling better.  I'm ready for this conference to get underway, and love that this time next week it'll be all finished (and hopefully a success!)  K helped me pack the the truck today so I have one less thing to do in the morning. I had a lot to load in, including gifts for the committee members, door prizes that my university donated (thank you advancement office!), and my own luggage.  Thankfully Kevin is letting me use his truck since I don't think everything would fit in my 'go-cart' of a car, and I'm picking up another gal on the way down.

I'm excited to get this conference going.  I know there will be 'fires' and problems that will come up as we go through it but we should be ready for them, and the hardest work is over (I hope).

No comments:

Post a Comment