Friday, February 17, 2012

8 years

8 years ago today, Kevin and I had our first date!

I remember being nervous before the date and he even had to come get me outside - I was waiting for him outside the restaurant and it turns out he'd gotten there early - we met at benjy's.  We sat down, must've ordered some food, and the conversation flowed and I didn't want the evening to end.   After dinner we went to the lounge upstairs and sat on the outdoor balcony, each with a drink and continued our conversation.   I have no idea what we talked about that night, but it was the beginning of something wonderful.

This day means more to me than Valentine's Day, though K gets major brownie points for calling to wish me a Happy V-day that weekend even before we'd officially met.

We both new very quickly that we had found something special and we never looked back.

I am proud to say I met the love of my life online.  When we first met I wasn't sure I should tell people how we met - 8 yrs ago it was common, but not as common as it is now (and there was no ad campaign saying how many couples meet online).  I thought about saying a friend introduced us, but thats a lie.  To this day some people assume we met at my alma mater, since he went there at one point too - we could've seen each other on campus!   Then I realized it doesn't matter how we met, just that we did....and I'm so glad we did...

2 comments:

  1. Happy date-a-versary!! I love that story!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Can you believe it 8 Years and in June it will be 5 years married! Kevin is an awesome guy and you two deserve one another.

    ReplyDelete